The Grade II listed building is one of only a handful of private art deco houses in the UK, designed in 1934 for a consultant surgeon. It is built using a concrete encased steel frame and arranged around a series of light wells. This arrangement affords natural light to every room despite the depth and the height of the building.
We worked extensively with the client and the architect to ensure that the installation of all new building services would have minimum impact on the historic building. We provided all mechanical and electrical services to help transform the building into a family home suitable for modern day living whilst retaining the key features and historic detailing such as the curved and angled staircases, the sycamore and walnut wall panelling, the macassar ebony skirtings, fluted limestone fireplaces and coved ceilings.